Get the convenience of Holistic Nutrition and Weight Loss Counseling at work.
Convenient, affordable and educational wellness programs!
Create a wellness partnership with your staff and make one of your best strategic decisions today!The Healthy Options Healthy Eating & Weight Loss Plan® – offers on-site nutrition and weight loss counseling for employees.
Holistic Nutrition and Weight Loss Counselling
- Private Weigh-ins
- 8 or 10 Week Series
- Weekly Nutrition Workshops
- Informative Handouts
- Body Fat Analysis
(Groups of 12 or more)
Seminars & Workshops
- Nutrition Seminars
- Stress Management Seminars
- Clinic Programs
Benefits of a Workplace Program
Some of the benefits of introducing a workplace program include:
- Healthy eating and exercise directly affect the health of individuals.
- Healthy individuals make up a healthy workforce.
- Reduced risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and type 11 diabetes. Exercise and a low fat diet increases “good cholesterol” (HDL) and decreases “bad cholesterol” (LDL).
- Fewer illnesses and quicker recoveries: proper nutrition enhances the immune system and speeds the healing process.
- Better mood/anti-depression: Physical activity increases the body’s supply of the hormone norepinephrine, which helps brighten your mood.
- Less pain and tension: Exercise stimulates the release of endorphins, the “feel- good” hormones that relax muscles, relieve pain and reduce stress.
- Reduced absenteeism: Healthier employees historically take fewer sick days, and are usually more productive.
- Reduced Insurance Costs: Healthier employees usually fill fewer prescriptions, contributing to lower health care costs.
Keynote or Lunch and Learn Seminars
- Food & Mood – Exploring the link between food, mood & energy.
- Eating to Boost Immunity – A close look at how specific nutrients impact the body’s immune system.
- Achieving Optimum Health with Fitness & Nutrition – Exploring the roles of exercise and healthy eating in attaining optimum health and vitality.
- All about Fats and Cholesterol – Exploring the various types of fat, and identifying how managing fat intake and including the right foods can effectively manage elevated cholesterol levels.
- Nutrition Labels – Deciphering Nutrition Labels & learning how to use Food Labels to your advantage.
- Managing Blood Pressure and Cholesterol – Understanding Blood Pressure and Cholesterol, risk factors, lifestyle food changes required to reduce elevated levels.
- The Six Keys to Healthy Eating – Exploring Canada’s Food Guide; learning the functions of carbohydrate, protein and fat; with simple meal planning guidelines to help participants eat well on the run.
- Nutrition for Active Healthy Children – Exploring the nutritional requirements for children from infancy to late teens.
- Eating Well Through Stressful Times – Exploring the body’s physiological response to stress & looking at how healthy eating/balanced nutrition impacts stress management.
- Healthy Holiday Eating – Identifying the various factors that contribute to overeating during the Holiday season; A closer look at the affects of alcohol; tips to keep “holiday” pounds at bay.
- Eating Well on the Run – (Fast Food/Restaurant/Food Court Savvy)– Exploring the healthiest food choices to maximize fullness, boost energy; learn the food choices to avoid.
Stress Management Seminars
1-hour or 3-hour workshops on managing stress both in the workplace and at home!
- Work/Life Balance – Understanding the relationship between behaviors, values, and stress & exploring how they create imbalance.
(all Clinics are ran by Registered Nurses)
- Blood Pressure & Cholesterol Clinics – Facilitated by registered nurses. The number of employees registered determines the duration of a clinic.
- Blood Glucose Screening Clinics – Help identify your risk factors for diabetes, with great suggestions to manage blood sugar, energy and food cravings.